Monday, November 19, 2007

Einstein.


So I got the best book for my birthday. Einstein: His Life and Universe by Walter Isaacson.
True, he's my man crush. As I've said before in previous entries, looking in a CA, Print, or other design publications does not really inspire me. I rely on reading things about ideas (history, philosophy, religion, psychology) for inspiration. It may seem counterinutitive as I create in a visual format, but I need content in order to create and content builds on itself. It is important that I expose myself to new ideas, new ways of looking at things, whether that requires a trip to the library or a trip to the mountains. Each time I do this, I renew my perspective and my sense of wonder and curiosity are rekindled. I think this constant exposure and willingness to look at new things and new ideas is essential to the creative process. Here is a piece I did this weekend inspired by my man crush.

No comments: